Thursday, October 18, 2012

Gluten Free Recipes


If you've read my "My Journey to Wellness" in the About section of my blog then you know that I am on a restricted diet due to my thyroid disease. Since I have been on my restricted diet I am amazed at how great I feel. However, it hasn't exactly been easy coming up with meals due to my restrictions.

Most gluten-free recipes call for some sort of white starch or soy to make up for the lack thereof. But since I cant have those either I have since turned to the Paleo diet for inspiration that I can bring to my kitchen and my love for cooking. I'm not following the Paleo diet religously, but I do find it easier to locate recipes that contain a list of ingredients that I can have and don't have to substitute anything for.

Since I have been on this restricted diet, I have tried a few recipes here and there and not only have I been pleasantly surprised by the taste but my husband and my two year old son have taken to our new diet pretty well too. I have to note that my husband is the pickiest eater I know... you know... the "meat and potatoes" type. In the past I could never get him to eat vegetables other than the usual boring broccoli with butter, but we have since found some recipes that have been pleasing to his palate.

I am going to try to devote a daily recipe blog entry for you all as we continue to discover family pleasing dishes. Bon appetit!


RECIPES
Ratatouille
Jambalaya
Cauliflower & Chicken Sausage Casserole

1 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica, sorry to hear about your health problems. Sounds like you're learning to cope - it's quite a journey, isn't it?

    I've been living on a restricted diet for about 20 years, before there was much information out there. It's been A LOT of trial and error, to the point that my daughter and I decided to share our experiences (and recipes) on our website http://www.easy-gluten-free-recipes.com/

    Keep up the good work, don't be afraid to experiment, and enjoy your food. That's most important! I'll be checking back often to see what you come up with - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete